News‎ > ‎Academy News‎ > ‎

Year 11 Football Team through to the next round!

posted 9 Oct 2015, 01:18 by Web Admin   [ updated 12 Oct 2015, 07:18 ]
Hillsview Academy 2-0 Manor school from Hartlepool

The Year 11's went into the game on the back of a great win last week! They have only been entered into 2 cup competitions this season so games are hard to come by!

They went into this game full of confidence but began the first half slowly! Both teams trying to play the long searching ball over the defence for the strikers to run onto. This rarely worked and usually ended up the ball skidding through into the goal keeper’s gloves.

The Hillsview team had a few good chances to take the lead in the first half but the pick of the chances fell to Brad Green, The ball whipped in from the left hand side somehow finding its way through to Brad unmarked in the centre of the box. Brad struck the ball so perfectly that it went down straight into the mid ribs of the keeper. All he needed to do it scuff his shot and it would have probably found its way into the bottom corner. Very unlucky for Brad not to open the scoring.

The first half ended 0-0 but Hillsview had been the better team but hadn't managed to find the net. The other team defending well and getting men behind the ball.

Second half was much better from Hillsview, they came out fighting and wanting to win rather than ushering the game into extra time like the last game. Hillsview began the second half on top again but this time they improved their passing game. This along with the wet surface made the game a much faster tempo. With Hillsview stepping up their game the other team had to close players down more leaving space for players to run into. We pushed higher up the pitch and began to pass it around with ease.

We were on top for the majority of the second half but it took a while for us to finally take the lead, but we finally did and this all came from a throw in from the left hand side. Jake Mc throwing a long throw into the keepers 6 yard box, and there was Brad Green finding space in front of the defence and the on rushing goalkeeper to nod a looping heading over them both and into the roof of the net scraping the cross bar as it went in. Finally Hillsview’s pressure pays off.

As the second half continued Hillsview began to grow in confidence stroking the ball around with ease. Tempting the opponents to come out and try and get the ball. Hillsview’s second goal came from a free kick just outside of the box. Jay Bell placing the ball down with his sights firmly on goal. His shot was destined for the bottom right of the goal but it was smartly saved by the keeper but Jake Mc was steaming into the box to slot the rebound away to finish the game off.

Hillsview did come under pressure in the last 10 mins of the game with Manor trying to counter attack us which left our defence flat footed at one point, the Manor player managing to get away from our full back and whip a teasing ball in, thankfully for us Lee Foley was alert to the danger and saved the ball from point blank range to keep the score 2-0.

Well done Y11's onto the next round of the cup we go.

Y11s 2nd Goal v Manor.flv